What is Virogon Cream?
Virogon Cream belongs to the family of medicines called antivirals, which are used to treat infections caused by viruses. Usually these medicines work for only one kind or group of virus infections.
It is used to treat the symptoms of chickenpox, shingles, herpes virus infections of the genitals (sex organs), the skin, the brain, and mucous membranes (lips and mouth), and widespread herpes virus infections in newborns. Virogon Cream is also used to prevent recurrent genital herpes infections. Although Virogon Cream will not cure herpes, it does help relieve the pain and discomfort and helps the sores (if any) heal faster.
It may also be used for other virus infections as determined by your doctor. However, it does not work in treating certain virus infections, such as the common cold.
This Cream is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although not specifically included in product labeling, Virogon Cream by injection is used in certain patients with the following medical conditions:
- Herpes simplex (for prevention of repeated infections) in people with a weak immune system
- Herpes zoster infections of the eye
- Shingles (for prevention of repeated infections) in people with a weak immune system
How should I use Virogon Cream?
Use Virogon Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- It is usually given as an injection at your doctor’s office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Virogon Cream at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Virogon Cream. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Do not use Virogon Cream if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Virogon Cream is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Start treatment as early as possible following the onset of signs and symptoms of herpes infections.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Virogon Cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal. Always use for injections.
- If you miss a dose of Virogon Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Virogon Cream.
Herpes genitalis & mucocutaneous infections caused by HSV.
this Cream is used to viral infections of skin, mucus membrane and genitals caused by herpes simplex virus including shingles. It is also used for treating recurrent herpes simplex infections and to prevent herpes simplex infections in people prone to infections due to a weak immune system (immunocompromised). Virogon Cream can also be used to treat chickenpox (also viral infections).
This Cream in a sterile, anhydrous, soft paraffin base. It also contains white petrolatum as excipient.
Find other Acyclovir creams here : Best creams for Herpes
There are no reviews yet.