Clobet Cream 0.05% (Clobetasol)
Clobet Cream is a topical corticosteroid . The active ingredient is Clobetasol Propionate 0.05% , it is used for psoriasis and eczema treatment among other skin disorders
What is Clobet Cream used for?
Clobet cream and ointment are used in short courses to treat severe inflammatory skin disorders, such as those below :
- Skin disorder called lichen planus
- Skin disorder called discoid lupus erythematosus
Clobet cream is generic of Dermovate cream available over the counter
How to use a Clobet Cream
- The first time you take the cap off the cream or ointment you may find the end of the tube is sealed. You can pierce this seal by inverting the cap of the tube and pushing it into the end of the tube.
- Wash the affected area(s) of skin well and rinse away all traces of soap or cleanser.
- Pat the skin dry rather than rubbing it.
- Apply the cream or ointment thinly and evenly to the affected area(s).
- Gently massage the cream or ointment into the skin until it has all disappeared.
- Replace the cap on the tube.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream or ointment, unless the hands are the affected area.
- Topical corticosteroids should not be applied more than twice a day and once a day may often be sufficient. Follow the instructions your doctor or pharmacist gives you.
- If you have other creams, ointments or lotions to use on the same area of skin you should try and leave about half an hour between applying each one so that they don’t mix on the skin.
Maybe this product is not for you ? Take a look at all our creams, ointment and solutions for all your skin conditions HERE
How does Clobetasol Cream work?
Corticosteroids (also known as steroids) are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Skin inflammation may occur as a result of an allergic reaction, or irritation of the skin. It is caused by the immune system releasing substances that make blood vessels in the skin widen. This makes the irritated area become red, swollen, itchy and painful, as is seen in dermatitis or eczema.
There is a range of potencies of corticosteroids applied to the skin. Clobetasol propionate is classed as a very potent corticosteroid. It is prescribed to treat severe inflammatory skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis that have not responded to weaker corticosteroids.
Read the Patient Information Leaflet before you start using this medication and each time you get a refill
There are no reviews yet.